FAQ’s and Packing
Are my donations to Love Hope Strength tax deductible?
Yes, Love Hope Strength is a registered 501c3 and all donations are tax deductible.
What hotel is everyone staying in?
The Sebastian – Vail will be the hub for all things Love Hope Strength! Trust us when we say that you do not want to miss out on staying here!
What if it rains?
We are hiking rain or shine. If weather or winds get to strong we will move the activities to an indoor celebration. But be prepared for wind and rain.
Is breakfast provided?
Light breakfast snacks will be available at the check in point at the Gondola along with coffee. But we recommend filling up on a full breakfast if you can!
Where can I park?
Both parking garages in Lionshead and Vail Village are free in the summer.
What should I pack?
- Get hydrated! Especially those of you arriving from sea level. Drink PLENTY of water. 2 water fill up stations will be located along the hike. 1 at the base and 1 along the trail. Plenty of drinks will be available at the summit.
- Fuel up the night before.
- Get a good night sleep.
- Have breakfast.
- Pack light and smart.
- Light backpack
- Personal snacks
- Water bottle
- Lightweight walking shoe. Trail is rocky so closed toed shoes are best.
- Lightweight socks to avoid blisters.
- Blister care
- Shade hat
- Wind/rain jacket. Weather has been unpredictable and we will hike rain or shine, ponchos are great but do not breath. Rain jackets are better.
- Extra base layer, in case you wish to change at the summit.
- Long sleeve, in case the wind kicks in.
- Trekking poles. Optional.
- Small plastic bag – pack it in, pack it out!
- i.d. in case of emergency.